Saturday, August 12, 2006

Nascar Trip

O.K. Back in June I was at one of the stores I sell too. I was waiting for the manager to talk to her and saw a contest on a beer display. I never win stuff like this but I filled out an entry form anyway. About 3 week later I got a call, I had won A trip to Dayton to the Nascar race for the 4th of July. Carole was so happy. She doesn't care at all about Nascar but she was happy because it was a trip to Dayton, Fla. Well Carole could not come with me because they only gave me $500.00 for Air fare and we could not find 2 flights under that price on that short of notice. So I asked her brother Joe to go with me. He lives about 4hrs from Dayton. I was flying into Orlando so he picked me up on the way.

The hotel was not the best but it was on the beach. Our seats for the race were great. We went to the race about 1pm. got a great parking spot because the race didn't start untill 7pm.So we walked up to the track,got our scanners for the race and look at all the stuff.Then we "tailgated" till the race started.

We met the people parked next to us.They were two good-old boys. One was an Auburn fan the other was a Georgia fan. They were pretty cool. They had their b-b-q pit out and were cooking some ribs. They had some friends come over and they were Florida fans. Now I don't know if you know how Florida fans are but they think they know everything. These people were no different. But we got along just fine. We ate ribs and played horseshoes. Then it was time for the race. It was a great race its always a great race when Jeff Gorden wrecks. We had a great time. Tony Stewart won the race and climb the fence. That seems to be his thing now.

THERE IS ONLY 20 MORE DAYS TO GO

1 comment:

Karen said...

(bradley)Amen about florida fans, they are SO cocky! did you know that we are their homecoming this year? its true, and im gonna be there. you should definetly make your way down here to come with us. Geaux Tigers!!!